Never knew how much fun and support I was missing out by not engaging on Twitter. Thank you, blogger community! It’s amazing to get to know so many inspiring folks and learn from you. And now, the Oy Boy! is so flattered to receive the nomination for The Sunshine Blogger Award.
Replying to this lovely award nomination from Adam actually took me so long that I received another one from Annie! Thank you, guys! This post is my double response.
The rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award are as follows:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or in your blog.
Very happy to share details about me, my blog, and my life. Let’s get to know each other better – hope you enjoy it!
Replies to Adam:
1. Is the blog I nominated your first blog?
The very first and only one so far, though my day job involves blogging for businesses. Also, before the blog I ran a Livejournal page for several years.
2. What do you struggle with as a blogger?
Making time to edit my posts properly. It takes me several hours every time – aside from writing – and is a real bottleneck at the moment. I’m trying out new editing schedule this month – wish me luck!
3. What’s the best thing to come out of your blogging?
Feeling of accomplishment. The blog is a significant part of my life, which I enjoy making. It brings lots of challenges, yet always keeps boredom at bay. I love what it looks like and what it becomes. It’s very rewarding.
4. Who is a blogger you admire and why?
Aimee Bourget, a solo traveler behind The Gallivanting Grasshopper
. She tells about people, places, struggles and challenges that constant life-on-the-go brings. I love how frank she is – and I adore her vocabulary.
5. What’s one app or service that helps you with your blog?
I’m using the free Hootsuite now – it’s user-friendly and comfy. Saves me quite a bit of effort to keep up with the content calendar.
6. Do your friends and family know about your blog?
They know… a little. However, I plan on involving them more. Especially my mother-in-law – she is an amazing crafter. Yesterday she made a toddler-sized Samurai sword from paper and masking tape – how cool is that?
7. What’s a secret you’ve never told your blog readers?
I seriously consider having another baby purely for getting another model for my blog photos. 😀
8. What’s your favorite message you’ve received from a reader?
All messages where people share a bit about themselves are my favorite. I love finding out more about my readers – who they are, where they live, what they do. I’d love to have more comments like these – so please feel free to say hi at the bottom of this post!
9. What do you enjoy doing when you aren’t blogging?
I love making busyboards and testing them out with my boy – lots of laughs. Also, I’m a pretty good cook. I throw dinner parties for friends often, and every weekend I spoil my family with homemade baked goodies.
10. What’s something you wish you’d done differently when you started your blog?
Start it on WordPress right away. Learn more basics – it took me too long to automatize proper post length, layouts, and promotion.
11. What’s a good book or article about blogging that you’ve read recently?
Replies to Annie:
1. What was your last dream?
The last one that I remember was a very dark one. To put it briefly, it involved killing someone and then getting rid of the body (in a very unappetizing way). I know. Sorry.
2. Who’s your inspiration?
Ashley Hackshaw from Lil Blue Boo is amazing – she is a cancer survivor and a brilliant artist, I’d love to have her productivity. James Paulius, the creator of the Sky Villages. Tali Buchler, maker of the best kids spaces.
3. What was the first blog you ever read? (if you remember)
One of them was The Cavender Diary – an amazing DIY and home transformation blog from the two Texans. They’re all plumbing pipes and checkered flannel projects – and I love their laidback and genuine narrative.
4. If you remember, then about what was your first blog post?
It was showing off my painting on my very very turquoise balcony wall. Hardly a ‘post’, though, since in the beginning, I was just pushing out pictures with hardly a dozen words.
5. Is there something you were afraid of, but aren’t anymore?
The concierge in my house 😀 She is a grumpy and rather unsympathetic old lady, and I really hated bumping into her before. But this year we became friends!
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where it would be?
Cote D’Azur, the French Riviera. The most beautiful land with sparkling sea, spectacular mountains, amazing food and the best climate ever.
7. What was the last movie you watched?
Baby Driver, twice. Emir was very much fond of all the vrrrrooming and chasings. The movie is very good. Vfx and sound design are to die for.
8. Winter or summer and why?
Summer, spring, and autumn. Life in the tropics made me appreciate seasons. Not winter, though. Too many clothes, too little fun.
9. If you could change one thing in the world what it would be and why?
Make ripe juicy mangoes available worldwide! Because it’s the thing I miss most from Asia 😀
10.If you could start your blogging journey all over again what would you do differently?
Start it on WordPress right away.
11.What’s your favorite song for the moment?
“Sigma ft. Birdy – Find Me” Mainly for their clickbait youtube thumbnail – they got Bobby Millie Brown on it.
Thank you so much for the nomination! I enjoyed answering the questions – hope you enjoyed reading my answers.
1. What is your personal feature you value most?
2. What was your college major and did it turn out useful to you?
3. What did your mom call you when you were little?
4. What are your favorite games to play with kids (if you have kids in your life)?
5. If you could live in your dream house, what would it be?
6. What was your favorite DIY project?
7. Do you have a happy place? Where is it?
8. Are you a cat person or dog person? Tell about your first pet.
9. What’s the best remedy for a bad day?
10. How do you schedule your blogging work hours?
11. Your favorite motivational quote?
And my nominees are:
I’m very lucky to meet you and read your blogs!
Thank you for checking out my post. Really looking forward to reading your answers!
Also, make sure to drop a line in comments – I love to know more about every reader. Yes, that means you 🙂